Ranfac, Single Use
- Accommodates any size suture or trocar
- Cost-effective design permits multiple trocar site closure with a single device per case
- Disposable, 10 units per box
- 14-gauge outside diameter
- Enables surgeon to rapidly close each trocar site securely and safely
- Simple, efficient one-hand operation
Jaws are advanced to grasp suture. Releasing the plunger retracts the jaws and suture into the needle shaft.
On the opposite side of the trocar site, the needle shaft is advanced under direct vision into the abdominal cavity. The jaws are opened to capture the suture loop.
With the trocar positioned to allow needle placement, the needle shaft is advanced through the peritoneum. Under direct vision, the jaws are advanced, releasing the suture loop inside the abdominal cavity.
The suture loop is withdrawn from the tissue, and standard technique is used to tie the suture for trocar site closure.